Ready To Get Started?
We won’t be satisfied unless you are. We promise you prompt, reliable deliveries with no excuses. Sign Up!
Professional Laundering that’s Earth-Friendly, too
At Baby Diaper Service we go the extra mile to ensure that your diapers are cleaned better than anywhere else and with less water waste going into the sewer system. Using state-of-the-art equipment and testing we ensure that your diapers come out of our washing machines bacteria-free and pH balanced while retaining their softness and absorbency. And because of the volume of diapers we service, we can launder them with a minimum of water and fuel waste.
To assure you get top-quality diapers, we use a 98% biodegradable wash formula. The finished product is pH balanced to match your baby’s skin and has less residual chlorine than Seattle’s tap water. We regularly submit random diapers to an independent laboratory for testing to guarantee we are meeting all our sanitary requirements. Our inspectors replace any diaper that is stained or worn out with another sanitary processed diaper.
Because of our efficient use of resources, we are able provide our customers with the best diapers anywhere and at a very affordable price! From an environmental standpoint, there is no better way to wash your diapers and have them be as thoroughly cleaned as we can get them. For you, that’s peace of mind. And that’s the Baby Diaper Service hallmark of quality service: caring for your baby and the environment.
Did you know? That a study done by “Best Foot Forward” concluded that diapers from a professional diaper service have the smallest carbon footprint of any diapering method. That includes home laundering which requires 43.7% more resources than we do!
At Baby Diaper Service it is our mission to act in a socially-responsible manner for our customers the community and the environment we all share. We endeavor to run and build our business on a two word premise – Communications and Relationships.
Being the first major diaper service in Western Washington, we view our role in the communities we serve as vital and important. We try to give back to our communities through charitable donations, a local workforce and using the maximum number of local suppliers in order to keep as much money in our community and serve our neighbors.
When you become a client of Baby Diaper Service you immediately join a team of dedicated individuals committed to your TOTAL SATISFACTION. All of us at Baby Diaper Service recognize the responsibility you have placed in us to provide not only the best service possible, but, more importantly the best and safest diaper available anywhere for your child. Consequently, all of our decisions begin by asking – “How will this best serve our customers?” We view ourselves as part of your family’s team providing your child with the safest and most comfortable diapering method possible.
Baby Diaper Service has been serving generations of babies in the Puget Sound Region since 1946. After returning from WWII, Dave Abrams ran his business until 1972 when he sold it to Brian Smithson. Mr. Smithson presided over the business for 30 years implementing many positive changes. He was instrumental in expanding the company’s service and was a frequent President of the National Association of Diaper Services.
In 2003, the business was purchased by an owner of a competing baby diaper service called Pure & Natural Diaper Service. In 2016, Carolyn and John Janisch purchased the business. Carolyn and John chose Baby Diaper Service as the best diaper option for their 3 sons in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. Baby Diaper Service and cloth diapering was an important – and memorable – part of their diapering years. Now, as the owners of the business, along with the incredible BDS team, their mission is to provide the highest level of service to allow families to choose cloth diapers as a simple and convenient diaper option. It is rewarding to offer this service to allow families to choose the healthiest diaper option for their baby, while having a positive impact on the environment. Together, the BDS team and our customers truly are the Baby Diaper Service Family.
What Makes Us Green
Here at Baby Diaper Service our innovative spirit takes no breaks. We are always evolving and trying to find new ways to design a service with the lowest carbon footprint. Our Business Model is more than just making a profit. In addition to offering the ‘Diapering System” with the lowest known carbon footprint to our customers we also feel it is our responsibility to insure that our ways of doing business result in the lowest environmental impact. So that we are doing our part to protect the environment our babies will inherit.
Here is how we do it:
- Our State-of-the-Art ‘direct fired’ water heater is 97.6% efficient. Making sure that almost all of the energy used to heat the water does so.
- We source the maximum number of supplies locally.
- We hire only local people and a large number of them use public transportation.
- We have an aggressive internal recycling program to ensure that our solid waste is at a minimum.
- Our average solid waste per customer is only 43.2 grams per week versus nearly 20 lbs per week for a child in disposable diapers.
- The majority of our literature is printed on recycled paper using soy based inks.
- We choose diaper covers that dry quickly and remain soft even when hung to dry to encourage our customers to retire their dryers.
- We are proud members of “Think Local” (thinklocalseattle.org) an organization committed to promoting local businesses – LIKE US!
- Our delivery routes are carefully designed to be as efficient as possible – reducing our impact on roads, neighborhoods and the environment.
- Our drivers start very early to avoid having to sit idle in Seattle’s traffic.
- Our washing and drying equipment is calibrated for the size of the diaper – recognizing the unique needs of each diaper size.
- Warehouse skylights are used to reduce the use of electricity.
- Aside from these initiatives – according to ‘Best Foot Forward’ – “cloth diapers from a professional diaper laundry have a fraction of the carbon footprint of disposables or home laundering”.
Baby Diaper Service employs only local labor – helping to insure stronger neighborhoods and a local economy.